Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Flicker Feast

Sometimes the early bird catches the worm or sees the flickers, in this case!  

Still, getting up early, early!  Monday, I worked so that meant out the door a little after 5:30.  Yesterday, Curtis was taking an Avis run to Idaho Falls and needed to be across town to the airport by 7.  

It was just starting to get light as I was driving home.  The sky was kind of pretty with the greys and soft pink.  It certainly wasn't a bright orange, yellow kind of sunrise.  

I was picking up the kitchen snd I could hear those birds making noise out back and so,I took a look and there were all kimds of flickers out there.  I counted at least 7 and there could have been more.  




Who knows if they will be back today?  Awake early , but don't have to be flying out the door.  Covering a couple of hours at work for a gal later.  And the wind is howling out there.  

This is my layout for today. 
Nic at swim lessons last summer.  
Background papers are from American Craft.  I think one is from 
Dear Lizzy and the other Amy Tangerine
The blue waves is a scrap. The black waves was a paper edge cut off one of those paper I think
I used American Craft Thickers and Bo Bunny letter stickers
The swim trunks were Carta Bella




3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

WOW to having 7 Flickers in the garden at once. We usually get maybe 1-2 in July when the ants are about.

Cute layout, I like the swim trucks embellishment.

Lisa said...

Oh, how fun to see 7 Flickers at once!! They're so beautiful!! And what a gorgeous layout!! I love those cute swim trunks!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

I've never heard of flickers? ( must google) great photos! Fabulous page Leslee...yes those swim trunks are super cute! Hope you are well, have a great week!