Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Week in the Life of Me!

As usual it's been a busy week.  It is still cold!   Hovering around the 0F mark!   Today the grandkids are here to keep us busy and on our toes.

MOnday brought an end to the Christmas decorations.  I still had Caitlin here to start the day and help to tote some boxes.  It is amazing how quickly it can all come down and be stored away.  I still have my snowman village, because it is obviously still winter around here.  

Late Monday afternoon we headed up to the airport to put Cait back on her plane to Seattle.  Her plane was late and makes her a nervous Nelly.  But she arrived back safe and sound and I sure miss having her around.  

Tuesday I headed into work.  As usual when I enter the doors of the NICU it was a very busy day.  The afternoon before, they said I would probably just be on call.  Like right!!!!!   Overnight they admitted 2 and we brought in another, so they obviously needed me.  

My beautiful flowers from my anniversary.


Wednesday And Thursday, was just generally picking up.  Putting furniture back in the room I had just repainted and going through some boxes.  It always seems forever getting picked up from Christmas.  

Friday, brought us heading out of town.  We headed to Bozeman for a memorial service.  It was the mum of a good college friend of Curtis. His friend and his wife live in Pheonix and we haven't seen them in about8 years so there was lots of catching up to do.    We were there all afternoon and had dinner with the family.  Was able to fit in a quick run to Costco.  Thankfully the roads were pretty much bare and dry.  

Yesterday was a day to catch up on laundry.  Made it in my scrap room and started to think about Valentine Day cards.  

The most I have created in quite a while was an anniversary card for my hubby.  

 Linking it up to Simon Says blog challenges.
Mondays is to Start Afresh- use something fresh out of the package.
Wednesdays is New Something- new crafty stash, new baby, new job, etc.  

Mine is a stamp I had not used or even opened the package from Avery Elle
And also the paper from a new pack of Simple Stories collection Winter Wonderland

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary!! What gorgeous flowers!! And such a sweet card!! I love the adorable critters!! Beautiful picture of you two, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is so adorable and made me smile! And it is always such a treat to swing by your blog because it's not just beautiful crafting, but it's also a slice into your life. You are really talented at painting a sketch of your daily adventures and I am always appreciative of good writing in addition to art skills. You definitely have both! Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you so much for letting us share in your life experiences. Thank you for for always supporting the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and I wish you Happy Crafting in 2017!

Tracey said...

Happy Belated anniversary Leslee...the flowers look beautiful! Its taking me a little while to get back into the swing of things after Christmas. It certainly looks cold there now. I'll be finding out how cold really soon. We are doing a quick trip back for my husbands fathers 90th. The onto visit my son, Paul hopes to get out skiing with him. Wish there was more time for a side trip to visit you :) So as you can image coming from the summer heat to snow is going to be a shock! Super sweet card for your husband. Stay warm, have a great week!

Lin said...

Darling card, Leslee! And I enjoyed reading your newsy post, too! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Patio Postcards said...

A belated congratulations & best wishes on your wedding anniversary. I would so like to have fresh flowers in the house, especially during the winter months, but alas with 2 fur girls that think flowers are part of the buffet, it's a no go.

Your anniversary card is so sweet. Hopefully now that Christmas & New Year's is over, you can get some full on time in your crafting room. Stay warm.

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary and the card you made is so adorable.
Your Cait is such a beautiful young lady and I am sure you miss her to bits.
Your flowers are so pretty, I really like the pop of colour with the red glittered berries amongst the flowers.