Thursday, December 8, 2016

Hello December

This new month is well underway.  And I am playing catch up, as I have been away.  Visiting Caitlin on the coast.  My decorations were up.  And I have time to address cards.  And have a couple of parcels to get in the mail.  And then the baking will commence. 

While we headed west we made a stop in Leavenworth, WA.  It is like being in Bavaria of Germany.  It was very magical all decorated up.   Reminded me of the Christmas markets when we lived in Germany. 



You can see we experienced some snow on our drive to the coast.  We have to travel over 4 mountain passes to get there.  It can be interesting at this time of year. 

The sunset was gorgeous as we drove across central WA

All the shops were lit up and decorated.  There was a pretzel tree outside the little bakery. 
We ate dinner in a German restaurant.  And the next morning we visited a couple of shops.  I found a wonderful quilt shop.  And we drove down the mountain and headed into Seattle to meet up with Caitlin.

We have come back to Montana to frigid temperatures.  I don't even know if it got above 0F today.  And there is snow coming tonight.  We even had snow while we were in Seattle on Monday.  Went out and got Cait and her roomates some IceMelt to put down on their deck, so no one would slip and fall. 

Curtis and Toots are out  at the Camera Club Christmas party.  It's a pot lock with a gift exchange and the little smokies went out the door with them. 


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Leavenworth looks so beautiful!! I love all the lights!! Ugh - the snow :( I'm so not ready for it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh...I want to visit, it looks so pretty! Beautiful photos :)