Saturday, March 19, 2016

Kia Ora

Kia Ora means welcome in the Maori Language! As you can imagine their culture plays a predominant role in New Zealand culture! Unfortunately, their culture has a lot of issues like our native Indians.



As we continued down the wast coast of NZ, our next port was Tauranga. This is very close to where the Hobbit movies were filmed. But not much interest to my sister or I. We elected to take a trip to the geysers and embrace the Maori culture.
First ww visited a Kiwi fruit farm. Kiwis were not in season when we were there. They are importing from Italy. Their fruit is picked from Apr.-June. But we did see the fruit growing on the vines. Quite an operation.










It was about an hours drive through rolling New Zealand country side to reach the geysers and Maori cultural center.















It all reminded me of Yellowstone National Park!
More to come!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Yeah I can see your photos now :)
Which are all great and I can see it was a great time :)

Susanne said...

Can't wait to see more.