Thursday, September 17, 2015

Gee, Whiz!

Yesterday, I worked a 12 hour shift.  Gosh, do you think it could be a little less busy and a little less crazy when I am there.  Oh, NO!!!!  I ran my tail off yesterday and was totally exhausted by the time I got home last night.  On bright star, Kirsten invited me over for a bite to eat after work.  Oh, yes!  I took her up on that offer.  A yummy little bite of a version of chicken pot pie and a lovely cup of tea.  Thanks immensely!!!
It was a place of revolving doors.  And our secure doors not working.  I believe the ghosts were out haunting us yesterday!  The monitors were doing all crazy stuff too.  We had maintenance up at least twice to check the doors.  At one point they were stuck open and would not close.  And not having a secretary, the phones were ringing off the wall.  But I had baked the evening before and took us goodies of scones and banana muffins. 
But I am off for a couple of days now and will enjoy it!!!  Not planning on doing much of anything today. 
And that crazy husband of mine.  Yesterday, was he day for Crater Lake.  This was the whole point of this trip and he didn't even get to see it.  It was snowing like crazy and limited visibility.  And there he was on the motorcycle.  It is no wonder I worry about him. 

The other day, I was picking up my scrap space and found these photos of NIc.  Since he is now 7 you now they are just a bit old.  But they got scrapped the other day.  Got a couple of papers out and rummaged through the scrap pile for the rest.  


 Papers used:  Simple Stories -( Dec. Documented, Cozy christmas)
                      Heidi Swapp (Believe)
                      Making Memories (Noel)
                      Long strip- Echo Park sticker (This and That)
   Tag- Fancy Pants St. Nick
 Flair- Prima (Holiday Jubilee)



This next layout tells about Harlee and her adventure at Girl Scout camp for the first time.  Although the photo was taken at the Museum of the Rockies.  It seemed appropriate for a camping story. 
Papers were from Bo Bunny- A Gift of Love, Camp a Lot
Title was Bo Bunny stickers from Camp a Lot
Squirrel is Simple Stories Take a Hilk
Chevron arrows were cut with the Silhouette and distressed with Tim Holtz distress ink
Birds were cut with an Impression Obsession die

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Well, that does sound like one hectic tiring day. Cute pages of Nic & Harlee!

Lisa said...

What a busy day!! I'm glad you were able to get a bite to eat with Kirsten after work!! The layouts are so fabulous!! What adorable pictures!! I love the designs of each!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

I hope you get to rest on your days off :)
Both layouts are lovely as usual.
Enjoy your down time……but do you ever get a down time, teehee, You are always so busy :)

Tracey said...

You sure are busy....I don't work and I'm flat out finding the time to craft! (running kids here and there) Enjoy your days off :)Really lovely layouts, love the mix of pattern papers , great photos!