Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Quiet of the Morning

I love the quiet of the morning.  It is still very dark out.  I am an early bird.  The only sound is the furnace coming on to warm up the house.  But, not so cold out this morning.  The weather channel says 32F, which is a heat wave for here.  Need to get some of the snow melted away before the next dump!

The snow plow came down our street the other evening when I was just getting home from work.  In the 25 years I have lived in this house I have never seen a snow plow do our street.  That was a first.  So, that is how much snow we have had this winter.  The side streets were a mess. 

Enjoying my time off this week.  Just being lazy.  I did sort through some paper scraps last evening.  And being in my crafty space creating.  Has been a while since I have done this.  Lots of photos of the grandkids to scrap.  

Have been creating and will share a couple of layouts with you. 

This first one is of Nic's 6th birthday.  It's a 2 pager. It is not very often I do two pages.  But there were quite a few photos I needed to use.  The title was cut on my Silhouette. 





The second one is of Cooper doing his fish lip face.  This seemed to be a favorite back in the summer.Used some old Pink Paislee papers on this one with a strip of Washi.  I always like using circle shapes at the bottom of my photos to ground the pictures.  I used some Quickutz dies to cut the title. 

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Both layouts are fabulous!! The pictures are so sweet!! They are both so adorable!! Love those fish lips!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nat said...

glad to hear your being lazy on your holidays, its the only way to do it! Im a night owl so I've never experienced morning quite time lol! great layouts love them both. the little guys fishy face is too sweet!

Susanne said...

Great pages - birthday spreads are always fun to scrap. Those boys are cute!

Tracy said...

Both layouts are awesome.
I love the photo of Nic, so happy that its his birthday :)
Fishy face is adorable.

Tracey said...

I've got a bit of catching up to do! Super layouts, great fun photos. Nice to hear you are enjoying your holidays!