Monday, December 22, 2014

Winter Solstice

Yesterday, we celebrated The Winter Solstice.  The shortest day of the year!  Thank goodness!  I am happy to be heading the other way. 
I was supposed to work, but woke up in the middle of the night with a booming headache and it still hadn't gone by the time I was supposed to get up.  Not good.  So, I stayed at home nursing my head.  Finally subsided around 4pm. 
Later in the day I wrapped up some gifts, while I watched some skating on TV. 
I could hear that wind blowing the whole time. 
Curtis got the cupboard out from above the fridge, so we can have the new one move in.  He will reinstall the cupboard after the new fridge is in place, so he doesn't misjudge.  He will have Tim and Cait around to help him.   One more sleep until my baby is home!  And they say we will have snow for Christmas!
I get to share pictures from our drive home from the Flathead.


 Fresh snow in the mountains. 
 Lots of trains moving through the mountains. 

 Low lying clouds!

 A stop for a waterfalls

 Clear skies once you get on our side of the mountains. 
 You can see all that nasty weather hanging over the mountains. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what gorgeous pictures!! They are all so incredibly beautiful!! I hope the headache is gone. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

Gorgeous photos.....I'm dreaming of a white Christmas in this heat!