Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sailing a Fjord

We next headed to sail Tracy Arm Fjord to Sawyer Glacier.  This day was totally spent on the ship and still I had 281 photos!!!  How do I put just a few up here?  We got up early because they usually see whales going into the channel.  When we got up, I looked outside our window--yep there was one diving.  But we didn't see too many after that!  It was a gorgeous day spent in the fjord.  I managed to sight 2 bears along the water sailing out.  Curtis has the photos on his camera taken with the big lens. They were saying on the ship,  cruise ships probably won't be let up in these fjords much longer, so I am glad we got to experience this. 




Can you see the colour of the water???  Yes, that is what it is like!





 Ice flows from the Glacier..  How blue can they get?








 Can you glimpse the whale in the photo below.  Barely visible.  But Curtis managed to capture the tail as it went under the surface. 


Today has been just a plain crazy day!!!  And I am so tired.  I went into work for 9:30 to cover for a bit while a co-worker had a physio appointment.  Came home- put in a load of laundry and had some lunch.  Then I headed back to work at 12;30 for some mandatory computer education.  So, not pertinent for our unit.  Biggest waste of time.  Then the unit asked if I would go and pick up some special formula for one of our babies.  Off I went to the grocery store and then back to work to drop it off.  Home at last around 4pm.  Don't think it will be a very late night for me.  Hope you all  enjoy the photos. 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous place!! Your pictures are so beautiful!! I can't believe the ice floating in the water!! And the waterfalls are so pretty!! Can't wait to see more!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

Oh my.......I really would love to visit Alaska one day....so beautiful! The colour of the water is amazing. What a wonderful holiday! Enjoy your weekend!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness your photos are stunningly gorgeous.
I thought Montana was gorgeous :)
I can't imagine the beauty that you were surrounded by.
My FIL's dream was to go to Alaska and he did about 7 yrs ago.