Thursday, August 14, 2014

I'm Back!!!!

with lots of fabulous photos and fantastic memories.  How I love Alaska.  That place speaks to me.  It has amazing scenery.  Abundant wildlife.  And cooler temperatures.  I got to see salmon spawning.  The glaciers we saw were beautiful. 

The cooler temps were really appealing since it was well into the 90's while we were gone.  My grass tells the tale. 

Our first day was spent at sea as we traveled along the coast of BC.  We didn't go up the inside passage way, so we weren't so close to land.  We had a mix bag of weather while we were gone.  Days often started out foggy, but would clear and end up fairly nice.  We did have a couple of days where it just rained.  Pretty typical for Alaska at this time of year.  I visited places I had never seen before. 

 Me and my honey on board!
 All decorated up!!
 In silhouette!
 Curtis got my a new fish eye lens for my camera and I had to try it out!!!
 Sunset in the crows nest our first night on board.
Yes, it was foggy our first morning.  
But it cleared as we sailed along the BC coast. 

Just weird to be posting Alaska and working on Hawaii layouts!!! 
Was canceled my first shift to work, yesterday.  Just on call.  Already had a couple of calls to work extra in the next couple of weeks.     Grandkids happy to have their nana and papa home. 


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome home!! Wow, what amazing pictures!! It looks like you had a wonderful time!! A trip like this is definitely on my bucket list!! Can't wait to see more pics of your trip!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

Beautiful photos, especially the sunset and the one of your and your handsome hubby :)

Tracey said...

Your camera takes amazing photos! What a wonderful trip you enjoyed! I look forward to seeing more photos. In the last few weeks I have been side tracked, hoping to get back to project life this week. Have a great week!