Saturday, July 12, 2014

Travel Journal

A couple of days ago I showed you my travel journal and today I plan to share a little more.  It was basically made from a 6X8 Strathmore Drawing pad that I picked up from Michaels.  I like it because it is a nice size and it is already bound. 


 These are the first two pages.  The Alaska die cut was cut file on my Silhouette.

Above are some of the tags I cut to fit in the pocket on the right hand side
This is the next page.  The page on the left opens up to reveal a another page to put photos or a brochure.  The page on the right is only a half a page to hold tags where you could journal.  The blue piece with the whale is a 5X5 pice of cardstock, afixed on the back. 



Here you see the page opened up

Here are the next 2 pages.  This is the 5X5 piece of cardstock on the left.  The right has a page that was folded in half and glued down to create a pocket with a tag.  
 \
This is the back side of the pocket with the next page.  Another pocket I created with lots more tags.  
 The next page shows another page to journal or put a photo.  



See the destination page.  It is a fold over page that opens up

 The next page has lots more tags to journal or photos.

I know you want to see more.  But that will have to wait until tomorrow.  It is a fairly big album, having 22 pages- that means 44 scrapbook pages!!!  The book actually has 24 pages but I screwed up and had to remove one.  Good thing there are plenty more. 

We are going to be gone for 2 weeks, so I needed a lot of pages.  I know we have been to Alaska before, but we both love it.  And we are stopping at ports we have never seen-Anchorage(we plan to rent a car here), Icy Straight, Kodiak, Homer, Sitka.  Lots more new adventures for the two of us. 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely amazing!! The details are so fabulous!! I love everything about it!! You did such an awesome job!! Alaska is on my bucket list...I've been to 48 of the 50...just need AK and HI!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

Your journal is stunning…I know I looked at the post backwards ;)
I love that you made it out of a Drawing pad..such an excellent idea!!!

Susanne said...

That looks great. I'd never have thought to start with a sketch pad.