Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Smokey Haze

Hanging over town as we are getting the effects of the smoke from wildfires in Washington, Idaho and our neighbours to the north in Canada.
It has been kind of a busy day.  I was at the swimming pool with Harlee for her last swim class.  She has really progressed this summer.  But if she had a little fat on her body she wouldn't always be trying to sink to the bottom.
After lunch, the munchkins were here while there mam went off to work.  We took them out for frozen yogurt which turned out to be rather expensive, but it was a nice treat.
I did stop at Joann's today for some adhesive.  I did see they had some fabric from the movie, Frozen.  I would love to make Harlee a pillowcase for part of their advent calendar.  But my gosh the fabric was $24.99 a yard.  Even with a 50% off coupon that is still $12.50 for a pillow case.  That is too rich for my blood.  Will have the hunt around I am thinking.  I know that movie is popular, but that is crazy!!!!!

Didn't get quite so hot today, as they predicted which is fine by me.  Late yesterday afternoon, I went for my walk down on the river trail.  Got all the way out to the end and then it decided to rain.  I was somewhat wet by the time I got back to the car! 

The last few pages of my journal.  Will have to find something else to share with you tomorrow. 
 You see that little square with the chevron paper.  It opens up to what is below.
There is a pocket where you could put tickets, or a door key, or something small
 More pocket pages


The page on the right is an envelope that could store a map, or a special momento

For now there is a piece of cardstock that could have a special photo.  
 My last two pages. 
Hope you have enjoyed seeing my travel journal for my upcoming trip.  It was very quick and easy to put together.  And I look forward to writing about my trip and including some photos when I get home.  10days and counting!!!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Your travel journal is beautiful.
So exciting to be going on a nice trip and to come home to your beautiful album and add all the treasures and photos you have collected during it :)

Susanne said...

Wow, you are just crafting like crazy. Love your journal. We are enjoying a bit of a break in the temps here too - but alas it won't last to the weekend.

Lisa said...

Your travel journal is absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the pages!! You did such a fabulous job!! How fun it will be to fill it!!

I can't believe how expensive that fabric is!! Wow!! That's just ridiculous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

I've missed so much ( still painting ) Wow, you have been busy...your travel journal is fabulous, what a wonderful idea to record all your trip details. Wishing for warm weather here right now...as I sit in front of this computer with a coat on! Our house is COOL in summer and freezing in winter :)