Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6

Well, I had to face the outside elements today!  And I dug out my long Johns!!   We had another unbelievable cold night of minus 22 and it remained well below zero most of the day!  It didn't matter that the sun was shining brightly for most of the day. It did not help.  Currently it is minus 23 and our city officials did not have enough common sense to cancel the Christmas stroll with those extreme temperatures.

Kirsten and Cooper were here after she dropped the big kids at school.  They have had no outside recess all week because of the cod.  Kirsten and I ran to a Target and the mall.  Did a little more Christmas shopping.  Came home and got lunch.  Had to go for my yearly Check up and a mammogram.  Nothing like stripping down twice on the coldest day of the year!  In between appointments, I ran to the grocery store for a couple of items.  Then I headed up to work to do some mandatory computer education.  And I actually get to work tomorrow!
A couple of ornaments from my tree!

And how I wish I was here!
Sigh!!!.......





2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your ornaments are so pretty with the lights shining through them.
I would rather be somewhere warm as well :)

Nat said...

beautiful ornaments. We've had quite a lot of snow this week. I picked up some Tim Hortons Candy Cane Hot Chocolate to keep warm!