Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Fruits of my Labor!

A couple of evening ago I made a batch of raspberry jam.  Curtis had gone to Helena for work and stopped at Costco and brought the raspberries home. 
Today, I tackled peaches.  None of this fruit is local to MT.  But there is a fruit stand not far away that brings in peaches from WA.  So, I headed up there to get a box of peaches.
I have canned some peaches.  Made some peach jam..  And then I shredded some zucchini to put in the freezer, so that I can make chocolate zucchini cake when the weather cools down somewhat. 
Way to hot to be baking with temps well into the 90's. 




3 comments:

Nat said...

love it!!! your jam looks so yummy. So do the canned peach halves. I was looking at the recipe to can peaches in light syrup but I am not sure what I would do with them. how do you use them? great idea to freeze the shredded zucchini. I jut bought zucchini today to make a lemon zucchini loaf!! :)

Tracy said...

this is my kind of jam. I have never had homemade peach jam before, I am sure it is the best.
My step mom and youngest daughter made strawberry jam, but thats not my favourite.
My SIL makes chocolate zucchini cake, yummy :)

Tracey said...

Wow.....so delicious!