Friday, June 28, 2013

Visitors to my Back Yard

You can hear these little fellows screeching in the trees.  They are very elusive and don't appear much.  But like my mountain ash berries.

But one rainy day last week look what appeared on my deck.
Two cedar waxwings.  They managed to sit there long enough for me to get my camera out and snap a quick photo.  Then they flew up into the mountain ash tree.  Where I could get a few good shots of one. 

Spent the day with Cooper.  Had to get up in the middle of the night and take a Zyrtec because I was choking with all the goop in the back of my throat.  And therefore I have been groggy all day and just wanted to nap.  Curtis and I ran out to Home Depot to look at appliances on sale.  We have a very small space to put our fridge!!!  And they all seem to be very high these days. 

3 comments:

Nat said...

I've never seen this type of bird before, really beautiful! :) Glad to hear that you will be proudly displaying your Canadian flag! I saw in Tim Hortons they have vanilla raised donuts with tiny red maple leaf candys sprinkled on them. mmmmmmm donuts, lol!! :)

Tracey said...

Great photos.....what a pretty bird!

Tracy said...

Great photos!
I love to hear the birds singing outside...except at 6:00am. But you are probably up by then ;)