Thursday, January 10, 2013

Picture of the Week #2

For this weeks photo we are traveling back to California for a pelican picture.  Now everyone should know that pelicans are nana's birds according to Princess Harlee.  They are decorating my upstairs bathroom and therefore my birds.  Interesting.
 Anyhoo, they do hold my interest.  And I am partial to this picture.  I took it with my telephoto lens so they look really close.   
We are in the midst of a winter storm.  It has snowed hard all day!!!  And I had to go out in it.  I picked up Harlee after school and took her home and then I headed into work for a couple of hours, as a gal requested I finish the shift out for her.  I came home, shoveled the walk, so I don't have to face 10 inches in the morning.  Looked like about 6inches had accumulated on the back deck when I came in.  Supposed to get snow all night. 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

We had fog and it drizzled today.
The roads were so slippery.
I have a friend who lives in the country, their roads were so icy that his son was skating on them.
Great photos.

cait! said...

Those are nice! Every Nana needs to have a bird. My Nana's was the Puffin and Harlee's Nana's, obviously, must be the pelican!