Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor of Love

Today is Labor Day. We are also into a new month-September.

I have worked over the weekend and am tired.
But today wasn't to be a relaxing day. I was out this morning staining our deck. It had quite a few spots that needed to be redone. We have had the stain since the beginning of July, but there just hasn't been the right moment to get it done. Curtis power washed it all down and so it was ready to go today. And it is all finished now.

Kirsten invited us over for a yummy lunch.

Friday I had started putting together a blanket for Nic for quiet time at preschool. I had got some cute material out in Seattle. but I still needed batting, something for the back and material to make the binding. I headed out after lunch and got those. I set to work. So for most of the afternoon and early evening I se wed away. But , guess what??- I finished it and Curtis ran it over to Kirsten's so the little guy can have it for school tomorrow.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

cait! said...

1. The corners look fine.
2. IT LOOKS SO GOOD!
3. He's gonna love it. c:

Dad {!-{> said...

Yup. What she said!

{!-{>

Tracy said...

You are the best grandma :)
Your quilt looks stunning, now Nic can think of you every time he snuggles down for nap time.