Sunday, November 27, 2011

First Sunday of Advent.


Today is the first Sunday of Advent. Advent is from the Latin word adventus meaning "coming". So, this means, I need to get prepared for Christmas.
I feel a panic, once I know American Thanksgiving is done and Christmas is a mere 4 weeks away.
Finish shopping, get presents sent out to family out of state and out of country.
Christmas decorating, Christmas baking. And wrapping. I not sure how to simplify things. I'd welcome any suggestions. But I did get my fall decorations down and put away.
Today I have been canceled from work. I just finished watching 2 of my favourite things on TV--figure skating and they were skating to Manheim SteamRoller. Could I just sit there and watch it---that would be no!!!!! I was wrapping up some of the Christmas gifts I already have.
But in celebration of advent, my grandchildren have a little advent house. There is a present for each day of December for them to open. Back in the day, my girls had the calendars where they opened up a small chocolate every day.
Any way it is part of our family Christmas traditions.

2 comments:

cait! said...

Don't worry. Regardless of your panic, you're still waaaaaay more on top of things than I am. c:

Tracy said...

I love your advent calanders. My girls still get the chocolate ones..so does wayne, teehee.
I am hopefully getting 4 of the krieser krafts ones...but not even going to worry about them until NEXT year.
As for getting so much done, I can't help with that. I procrastinate until the last minute, then go crazy, lol.